Friday, March 29, 2013

IF I WAS THAT WARRIOR IN MY DREAMS

If I WAS THAT WARRIOR IN MY DREAMS

If I was the warrior in these dreams that seem real
I would tell you about the way I feel
To let you know that there is someone who cares
But I'm too shy to speak so u wouldn't dare

If I was the warrior carrying a golden sword
I would be brave enough to tell you these words
Instead of writing then down on a piece of paper
But maybe I will, someday, sometime later

If I was the warrior that I wish I could be
I wouldn't be so nervous when you talk to me
And stutter and mumble like an incoherent fool
I wish I wasn't this way and could keep my cool

I'm not that warrior that could be so bold
I should tell this all to you if the truth is told
But instead I'm writing this when you're only 50 feet away
I guess I'll be putting it off for one more day.
©2013 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment