Friday, March 29, 2013

LAST WORDS

LAST WORDS

My love I have tried but I have failed
I'm wounded, and letting out a wail
I can't be there with you now, I wish I was
I lie in the street, my body leaking blood
It all started when I honked my horn
Someone almost cut me off so I had to warn
It didn't stop there, words were exchanged
It happened all fast it's hard to explain
He pulled out a gun and shot me five times
And now I'm lying here and I'm about to die
The sirens are too far away they won't be here in time
The thought of not seeing you again runs through my mind
If I stayed calm, I would be coming home to you
And now I'll never make it home, what did I do?
I'm so sorry angel for leaving you this way
I'm so sorry, so sorry but I'm drifting away
Just one small mistake ended my life
I'm sorry I won't be coming home tonight.
©2013 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment