Friday, March 29, 2013

THE SON OF THE SEA AND THE GODDESS IN THE MOONLIGHT

THE SON OF THE SEA AND THE GODDESS IN THE MOONLIGHT

As she came down the stairs and the moon shone upon her face
I realized that I wouldn't want to be any other place
Her dress made her look like a living goddess
Who could sell water to a drawing man honest
In the middle of the village there were people all around
But at this moment it was just me and her, no other sound
The festival was still going on but only she mattered
And then I knew that my wall had been shattered
The wall that I kept from falling for someone is now gone
I started in amazement as the festival music went on
I'm a nobody, she would never notice a nobody like me
I'm just a lonely ocean born, just a son of the sea
But as she moves, the world moves with this angel of light
For her love, I would take on darkness itself in a fight
If she were my queen I would fight darkness itself to see her smile
And any pain I would feel would be gone for a while
We could be together as we took off and set sail
To lands unknown as I shipped my spices and ale
With her by my side I could face the worst storm
And on the coldest nights her love would keep me warm
I would face deadly ice dragons for one simple kiss
There can't be another woman more lovelier than this
But who am I kidding, my mistress is the ocean itself
I lonely man who is destined to be by himself
But if this vision in the moonlight were ever to come true
I would be the happiest man in this realm, all because of you.
©2013 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment