Friday, November 2, 2012

BONDED TO A PAST I NEVER KNEW

BONDED TO A PAST I NEVER KNEW

I feel the power inside when I wake up in the morning
It consumes me as I stand up, yawning
The pride silently comes from an essence unknown
The pride of a people that I call my own
Connected to the ones who were raised by steel
It may be a dream but to me it feels real
The ones who traveled from Heathen lands
I feel the power with a sword in my hands
Every day before my journey starts
I say the words that I feel in my heart
The ancient Gods feel so real to me
And Valhalla is a place that I hope to see
Up high above, beyond the rainbow bridge
Within those golden halls is where I want to live
In glorious realm of Asgard I hear my call
As the All Father Odin rules over all
I can feel all of the nine worlds of lore
And the awesome adventures they have in store
Some tire of the stories but I never do
Because I’m bonded to a past I never knew.
©2012 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment