Friday, November 16, 2012

GOODBYE AMERICA

GOODBYE AMERICA

All I have to say is good riddance
This place has always hated my existence
They got their wish, I’m leaving my home
To find a place where I don’t feel so alone

You are not the greatest country in the world
Stop telling those lies to every boy and girl
The only dream here is a constant nightmare
Hypocritical politicians want to keep the people scared

Our forefathers didn’t originally own this land
Don’t act like there’s never been blood on your hands
A government created on broken promises and lies
I’ll never fall for your crocodile tears and cries
That’s why I say goodbye, I can’t stand you anymore
I need to leave here, I have nothing to stay for
I have to find a place where I can have a fresh start
I left you years ago when I disowned you in my heart.
© 2012 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment