Friday, January 25, 2013

WINTER'S DANCE

WINTER'S DANCE

As I walk she sings with me
Arrayed with a gown of glory
Her cold arms embrace me
Telling me winter's story
Her breath freezes me to the bone
But I love it so
In her arms I know I'm home
Please never let me go
I dance with you in the silent night
To music that no one hears
I walk with you in the morning light
Knowing that you will be near
She'll be gone soon, this I know
You never seem to stay around long
When you're here you do put on a show
And dazzle the people with a beautiful song
What else can I do but dance with you for a while
Let's dance slow and make the time last
And as we do I'll be thinking of you and smile
Soon you'll become a thing of the past
You'll be leaving until we meet again next year
The time will pass slow because I'll be missing you
But I will wait for you and won't shed a tear
I'll patiently wait until you come back through.
©2013 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment