Friday, December 21, 2012

UNDER THE HOOD

UNDER THE HOOD

I wear it low to hide my face
To hide the beast I am
Looks only matter in this place
I hide them the best that I can
It keeps me safe from the jokes
That will come when I remove the hood
"Hang your ugly ass with a rope!"
They say just like I knew they would
All they see is an ugly freak
They know nothing about me
People shoukd think before they speak
Because there's more to what they see
I wish people could see me for who I really am
Not to judge me because of my physical looks
I try to avoid human contact anytime I can
And sit alone in a corner, reading books
It's better than hearing the ridicule
That comes with looks like mine
This world can be extremely cruel
I try to run and leave the laughter behind
But it follows me so I must wear the hood
To hide this hideous face I had since birth
I hide it all, like a beast like me should
I will always be alone, because I'm forever cursed.
© 2012 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment