Thursday, August 21, 2014

HAPPY FOR WHAT? (MOURNING HUMANITY'S DEATH)

HAPPY FOR WHAT?  (MOURNING HUMANITY'S DEATH)

I can't ignore the violence
I can't ignore the hate
I can't ignore the corrupt governments and authority
I can't ignore the pollution
I can't ignore the disease and death
Your worth exists in the color of your skin
Or what you have
Or who you know
The world is dying and nobody cares
They only tell you to be "happy"

What for?
We're already dead and don't know it yet
We're already lying in graves but don't realize it
We've reached the tipping point and are going over
I can't be happy when I'm mourning humanity's death
There's no reason to smile
I could be ignorant and put on those rose colored glasses
But I know too much to do so
It's all over, I see what's coming
The quest for civility and peace is lost
The quest for equality and love for one another is gone
Only hatred and separation exists
While evil governments watch and enjoy the killing
And we only continue to pick out poison that will kill us all
I have nothing to be happy for
When I can see that soon humanity will be no more.
©2014 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment