Thursday, August 21, 2014

IMAGINED WORDS

IMAGINED WORDS

You're fat
You're ugly
You're worthless
You're a loser
No woman will ever want yo
You'll be alone forever
You're a failure

These words keep beating me down
They hit me hard and pound me around
I feel like I'll never be the same again
I just want this loneliness to end
Alone in my mind is a dangerous place
But these hurtful words I have to face
This is not something I intended to do
But this is something I must go through

I am not those words that are in my head
They're imagined words to beat me dead
I can't let the negative thoughts creep in
They overwhelm me and then depression wins
Then I feel so worthless once more
And I wonder what life is living for
My self esteem is low and so is my self worth
But I must dig deep and not let these words give birth

You can do this
Those words are lies
You are strong enough
You're not a loser
You're not a failure
You are good enough

I fight those imagined words with the good
Defeating those negative thoughts, like I hope they would
My mind is clearing, I begin to breathe
I close my eyes, I can feel peace
The intentions were imagined, words I'll never know
I push them all away and let them go
The shattered pieces of me still remain
But I must remember the meaning of my name

I'm the little dear, or beloved one
I am the chosen, I am Odin's Son
I am the one who refuses to kneel
I am the one who dreams of magic and steel
I am the Metalhead who lives for Metal
I will fight for what I want and I'll never settle
I won't be at myself up, that's not what I deserve
I won't give in to those imagined words.
©2014 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment