Sunday, February 24, 2013

HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS?

HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS?

I already know, I do nothing at all
Why did I, why did I answer your call?
To hear that I do everything wrong?
Now I know why I haven't been here for so long
And then you wonder why I don't bother to talk
I don't need to hear this, I'm taking a walk
At least outside, I can finally think
Instead of always being pushed to the brink
This is why I need to spend a lifetime alone
My self hate rises whenever I come "home"
You treated my brother the same way and cried when he was gone
You'll do the same thing too and it won't be too long
You treat me like trash while I'm good and alive
Then you'll have nothing but regrets when I finally die
You wonder why the rest want to stay far away from you
It's how you treat us all, and you know what you do
Don't guilt trip me into making me sad for the way I feel
Don't expect me to laugh and like during the big meal
Don't talk to me, don't bother me, don't even say a word
I just want to be at peace and not be distributed
Family is so overrated in so many ways
To hell with this and being home for the holidays.
© 2012 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment