Tuesday, December 3, 2013

HARD TO LOVE

HARD TO LOVE

I'm far from problem free
I have plenty of issues
It's hard to love me
I leave people confused
I want you to stay close
I want you to stay away
I want you the most
I don't know what to say
I don't want to go outside
Too many people out there
I want to stay inside
Instead of getting fresh air
You can't see me like this
I must cover my face
Yes, there's something amiss
I don't fit in anyplace
I try to explain
You won't understand
This constant mental pain
Only seems to expand
I can't feel good about myself
No matter what's said
I know I have poor health
With the problems in my head
With all this going on
I'm hard to love, I know
I understand if you'll be gone
Because everyone else goes
Once they see
I am a broken man
Once they see
The defeated soul that I am.
©2013 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment