Sunday, December 1, 2013

THANKFUL FOR YOU

THANKFUL FOR YOU

No turkey is needed or some kind of big meal
To show you how much you mean to me
I don't need that at all, it's no be deal
You're beautiful soul is all I want to see
Down with the holidays
I don't care for them
With you is my way
Because you're my best friend
You saw me for who I was and never left
I don't know why but you continue to stay
I'm thankful, you have my heart until I have no more breath
I'm so thankful for you I don't know what to say
Waking up with you is the greatest gift of all
I don't need anything else if I'm with you
Who needs shopping in overpacked malls
You refresh me like grass that has morning dew
Your laugh, your smile makes everything better
In this world of pain
Just call and I'll come running whenever
Through the snow and pouring rain
Because of you, I know love still exists
Thank you for loving a poor soul like me
In this world of disappointment and bad items on the list
Being with you truly sets my soul free.
©2013 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment