Thursday, December 19, 2013

QUEEN OF MY HEART

QUEEN OF MY HEART

Where are you, the Queen of my heart?
In this lonely Kingdom I have waited all my life
Went around the world and and many miles apart
And sailed through dangerous seas all day and night
But I can never find you, will you ever find me?
I need someone to share my Kingdom with
And riches mean nothing if I'm forever lonely
The crown weighs heavy, with no one it's just a myth
I see those who are richer because they have found love
But to many it doesn't seem like they have much
But with this rule, it means nothing at all because
I long for the soft caress of a woman's touch
I must be strong for the Kingdom but I feel so weak
Without someone to wake up with the start of the day
Someone to warm me when the cold winds come from the east
Someone to take care of all when I go away
I long to find the woman who I see in my dreams
The one who I will cherish like the rise of the moon
My lover and friend, the one who will become queen
But she's nowhere to be found as I sit in this empty room
Surrounded by my guards right outside the door
I walk out and show everyone smiles and hide my tears
Wishing this lonely feeling would be no more
But it might be with me forever and  that's what I fear
I have taken down armies with the might of my sword
And in the winds the tiger banner waved and whirls
And my loyal people will fight for me if I just say the word
But it all means nothing without a queen in my world.
©2013 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment