Friday, August 2, 2013

AN EVENING OF HOPE

AN EVENING OF HOPE

This night seems to be an evening of hope
She kissed me on the cheek and smelled of soap
Such a sweet smell on this humid summer evening
And to think I was going to spend it sleeping
Being around her makes me feel good about myself
It seems like it's just us and nobody else
She brings out a whole different person in me
The person that likes to smile and be happy
I really thought this person was gone and dead
But the one who bought him back was a short redhead
Could this be something that I have always dreamed
I wonder what this magical evening could possibly mean
Whatever it may mean something big or something small
I'm not going to spoil this moment and enjoy it all
For the first time in a long time I have been able to smile
I want to hold on to this night for just a little while.
©2013 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment