Monday, August 5, 2013

THE KISS UNDER THE EXPLODING SKY

THE KISS UNDER THE EXPLODING SKY

A celebration and a fireworks concert
She told me to go and what could it hurt?
Before her, I never wanted go to outside
But I will go with her by my side
The skies grew dark and the night grew loud
The sky exploded with colors all around
In the flashing lights and booms I see her face
And I knew that this night out wasn't going to be a waste
She told me she had to whisper something in my ear
And that was when she pulled me close and near
She grabbed my face so I would look into her eyes
Looking into them almost made me melt inside
In such a time with noises and chaos such as this
Before the finale, she gave me a kiss
I don't know where this is going to go
Will this be something more, I don't know
For the first time in a long time, I felt life
As she kissed me under the exploding sky.
©2013 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment