Monday, August 5, 2013

BACK IN FAMILIAR TERRITORY

BACK IN FAMILIAR TERRITORY

This has been a confusing morning to say the least
Monday has really turned out to be a beast
It seems like someone is playing with my heart
I should have known things would all fall apart
This is all my fault for being such a fool
Opening up to someone is a stupid thing to do
It only opens you up for them to play with your mind
Making those close moments just a waste of time
When am I going to learn, happiness isn't meant for me
If I wasn't such an idiot then I would be able to see
No one will ever love me, I'm meant to be alone
No one will ever care, I'll always be on my own
No one will ever see me for who I really am
No one will ever get past this ugly waste of a man
I have a heart of gold inside if someone would give me a chance
But I'm just a wallflower who was never invited to dance
I'm back to where I belong and where I need to be
I'll be stuck here on this empty road for all of eternity.
©2013 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment