Monday, March 3, 2014

FIGHTING AGAINST THE DARKNESS

FIGHTING AGAINST THE DARKNESS

Look at yourself, you're fat and ugly!
No woman wants someone like you, tubby!
You should be wiped from the earth's surface
Look at yourself!  End it now, you're so worthless!

No I'm not!  Someone will love me someday! Someone will love me for me and my quirky ways
I'm not ending my life, it has just begun
It's you that I should be getting away from!

You need me fool, I tell you the truth!
Haven't I been right ever since your youth You put yourself out there to get cut down again
You know this darkness inside will never end!

The darkness will end, I'll let the light in
I'll silence you for good and happiness will begin
I've had enough of you controlling my life
You won't bring me down to my knees tonight!

Wow, you are stupid and oh so pathetic
You really believe that positive thinking rhetoric?
Don't believe it, you know what you are
You're nothing but one pitiful scar!

That's not true, I have a reason to live
I have a kind heart and lots of love to give
One day things will get better you see
I will have conquered you and I'll be free!

Good luck on that you have been trying for years
But I've had you beaten down, crying in tears
I've had you thinking you're nothing in this world
That's why you keep getting rejected by every girl!

Leave me alone, I want you to go away
These dark thoughts won't ruin me today
The battle is relentless, I'll continue to fight
You won't leave me defeated in eternal night!

Don't you see, I've already won
You already think you'll never find anyone
You've already accepted this from dark fate
You're at my feet and full of self hate!

This constant battle I always have in my head
I'm bringing on the positive and not the negative instead
The battle is tough and I may have already lost
But I must keep on fighting, no matter what the cost.
©2014 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment