Sunday, March 30, 2014

GIVING UP HOPE

GIVING UP HOPE

My soul has been torn apart from constant rejection
I know I'll always be alone
I'm not falling for the same deception
That my heart will finally find a home
It's a dream,  a fantasy, it will never become real
This world of vanity and materialism makes me an outcast
It's all about what you have and not what you feel
I was stupid for thinking personality is what matters and loneliness wouldn't last
No more rejections for me, I have given up hope
I have stopped looking for someone who will never be
It's either that or hang myself from a rope
And ending it all from the rejection I always see
I'm saving my life by giving up on this lost cause
I can't take another line about me being a nice guy
Getting my hopes up, and my sadness is at a pause
To be let down again as she smiles and waves goodbye
It has to end and I'll just end it myself
And be real with the world and stop all that dreaming
That I would find someone and no longer be by myself
And for once, something on this planet would have some kind of meaning
I'm killing the hope to save myself from insanity
To stop resisting the darkness and let it in
Love doesn't exist anymore in the realms of humanity
I'm killing the light and letting the darkness win
It's the only way I'll be able to go on
The only way I'll continue to exist
It's better than having a false hope that flickers and is gone
Like the lights of a car in thick fog and mist
I am back where I belong, embracing the darkness once again
It was useless to look for something that was never there
Darkness has and will always be my one true friend
Goodbye hope and love , hello endless despair.
©2014 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment