Thursday, March 27, 2014

HOLDING ON TO HOPE (WHAT'S LEFT OF IT)

HOLDING ON TO HOPE (WHAT'S LEFT OF IT)

Another rejection, another let's be friends
I just wonder when the rejection will end
Hoping that one day I will find someone
Before it all goes dark and my life is done
Hoping someone sees past my looks and finds the real me
Day after day, I grow tired of the loneliness I see
I just want a chance to prove that I'm real
Just one small chance to show someone how I feel
Pleading to anyone who will listen with sadness in my eyes
I want to experience being loved once before I die
Amidst the tears, sadness, and near the end of my rope
Despite being ugly in a beautiful society I hold on to hope
Maybe one day, someone will show compassion
And I'll share my world with her like I always imagined
Someone I can open up to and spill out my soul
Someone I can wrap my arms around and gently hold
She'll see past my cracks and tears to what's inside
I won't be alone anymore and no longer will I hide
It's a slim chance that it will ever come true
And I don't know why I hold on to foolish hope but I still do.
©2014 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment