Thursday, March 6, 2014

IT PAINS ME

IT PAINS ME

It pains me to think of what could have been
To see you walking hand in hand with him
I guess you forgot all about the deep talks The time we spent together and the long walks
I used to talk to you on the phone every day
But somewhere along the line you drifted away
And now you found someone else and crushed me to the floor
If you gave me a chance, we could have been much more
But I opened myself up to you and this is the thanks I get
Looking  at those past moments with nothing but regret
I don't want to hear how much you're in love
Don't contact me with stuff I don't want to know of
I truly cared for you and you never even cared
Told you all about me, I laid myself bare
I guess the way I am was too much for you
I wish you could have been up front and told me the truth
Another rejection, how much more can I take?
I know being alone for life is my only real fate
Don't send me pictures of you holding his hand
You've done enough to make me a worthless man
At least I'm used to the pain, this is nothing new
But I still wish you the best in all that you do
I wish you didn't deceive me and tell me lies
That you wanted to know me deep down inside
You messed with my head giving me hope
But left me hanging from a noose on a rope
Leaving me slowly dying, struggling for air
Waiting for you to rescue me and you're no longer there
Leaving me to the lonely pain I'll forever know
Alone for a lifetime, though I wish it wasn't so
At least I know for who I am, no one will ever accept
A lonely loser with depression who's socially inept
I'll always be on the outside looking in
Battling my sadness that seems to always win.
©2014 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment