Saturday, March 1, 2014

ALONE FOR LIFE

ALONE FOR LIFE

There's no one out there for me
This I know is true
Being alone is all I'll ever be
No matter what I do
I can be the kindest guy
And have a gentle soul
But I know why
No one will accept me as a whole
I'm one of those people
No one will ever fully love
Life can be cruel and evil
So I curse the Gods above
Why give me this kind heart
Which I'm so ready to give
But I'll always be alone and apart
For as long as I live?
This is a cruel joke
Where everyone laughs
While I stand without hope
And the lonely sting lasts
There's no one out there
I gave up on that possibility
The rejection I can no longer bear
As I speak lonely a soliloquy
The truth is so painful to swallow
But it must be accepted
My soul will be forever empty and hollow
No one wants a human who's defective.
©2014 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment