Thursday, October 4, 2012

ANNIE

ANNIE

An amazing woman with beautiful eyes
Could melt you down if your heart was ice
A beautiful rose, her skin glows in the sun
She's a woman on her own, she needs no one
I try to look away, I try to resist
But I can't turn away from beauty such as this
I look in her eyes, I almost drop where I stand
She makes me want to be a better man
I can't open my heart, I'll just be hurt again
That's how these relationships always end
Slowly but surely, she's breaking through to me
The trapped agony inside just might be set free
The darkness ends and it doesn't hurt for a while
When she laughs and I see her smile
This can't be happening, of all times not now
I would never smile again, I have sworn that vow
If this keeps up, that vow will be broken
I'll go back on the words that I have once spoken
This can't be happening my hear must stay steel
But she's melting it down and making me feel
A turmoil of emotions is raging inside
My fate is to be alone and that's how I'll die
What could she see in such a vile creature
A monster of a man with ugly facial features
My mind is saying no but my heart is so confused
Annie, my queen I think I'm falling for you.
©2012 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment