Thursday, October 25, 2012

I STILL CLING TO HOPE

I STILL CLING TO HOPE

The knife is in my heart and its been twisted
Feeling empty as my whole world shattered
It felt like my soul inside suddenly shifted
I wanted to go on but now it doesn't matter
Treated like nothing from someone who said they cared
A pain that's worse than outright death
At least there's no feeling of pain there
But it hurts to take in each breath
How could she do this to me she destroyed my life
Is this what I deserve for being a nice guy?
Resisting the urge to end it all with a knife
And I keep asking the same question to myself, why?
I pick myself up, knowing that I can't stay down
It's so hard to let things go and just move on
I'll never smile again, my face will always have a frown
Despite the lies and the endless hurt I feel
I still hope that there is someone out there for me
I can only hope that my silly dream becomes real
Someone that will bring me up and set me free
Hiding in the shadows of despair I still believe in hope
That she's out there, the one I call my queen
In a river of death, the hope of live still floats
I still hope she's out there, as crazy as it seems
The one who will end my empty feelings inside
The one who will finally make me feel life is worth living
The one who will dry the endless tears I cried
The one who will make my heart worth giving
I still dream, I haven't reached the end of my rope
For all that its worth, I still cling to hope.
©2012 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment