Tuesday, October 2, 2012

FROM A BEAUTIFUL FANTASY TO A SAD REALITY

FROM A BEAUTIFUL FANTASY TO A SAD REALITY

Walking, with headphones on in my own world
Through the rain and stepping over puddles
Passing different streets and people in a wirl
While people stand under an awning, huddled
Fantasy worlds become alive in front of me
I look up and see a sky that's not like earth
I see a green field and a beautiful crystal blue sea
I see a galaxy of stars as the universe gives birth
A sword sheathed at the waist is what I carry
Ancient spells around my neck worn for protection
A sorceress by my side, is she the one I'll marry?
I think to myself as the winds point us to a direction
The air is so fresh, no cars and pollution here
Weird looking ships are seen sailing the horizon
Heading into adventure but I don't feel any fear
No phones, Sprint, AT&T, T-Mobile or Verizon
Messages here fly on wings or ride on horses
A beautiful place that I never want to leave
A wonderful feeling of magic, both light and dark forces
I'm living my dreams, it seems so hard to believe
A honking horn wakes me back up in reality
The yelling and choking smell of exhaust fumes
This is real but seems like a nightmare in actuality
I'm stuck inside a small concrete tomb
Check cashing spots and liquor stores are the brutal truth
People looking for jobs and finding nothing but unemployment
Crushed hopes and dreams breaking down the youth
As the stress of life ruins our hopes of enjoyment
I keep walking and seeing the misery on all faces
People ready to snap at the drop of a dime
I seem to live here, the saddest of all places
Where people are on the edge of losing their minds
I walk to Cresent Field, wishing my fantasy world was real
Instead of this world of pain that's slowly dying
I wish I could numb it all and I can no longer feel
So I wouldn't be affected by the screams and the crying
I dream of that fantasy world, somewhere in this universe
Where I see those fields and that crystal blue sea
Where life is truly a gift and not a painful curse
Of this dark reality that I see in front of me
©2012 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment