Friday, October 26, 2012

ISOLATION

ISOLATION

Alone I sit but I'm not sad
I'm separated from a world gone mad
No more arguments heard from where I am
I can create a world of my own right in my hands
Lost in my thoughts as I'm all by myself
I don't have to hear judgments from someone else
I'm not too ugly and I'm not too fat
I don't have to hear: "You don't really act black!"
No sweaty people in bars screaming in my ear
At home by myself, I belong right here
Alone in this world but I can hear myself think
Outside people shout and are being pushed to the brink
Fights and screaming are happening outside
Along with the words: "I hope you fucking die!"
That's why I distance myself from the human race
I don't want to argue so I feel out of place
I isolate myself so I can stay sane
I don't what to scream and cause other people pain
Just leave me alone while you destroy each other
As politics destroys compassion for one another
Let them fight, just don't get me involved
None of that is going to get any problems solved
Separating myself from the plague of humanity
A disease that destroyed Mother Nature's sanity
I have isolated myself but I feel fine
Because in a place of solitude I finally regained my mind.
©2012 Darryl Mouzone


No comments:

Post a Comment