Thursday, February 27, 2014

BESIDE YOU

BESIDE YOU

Drawing in ragged breaths
Exhausted and spent
Taking in the depth
Of what it all meant
Still thinking it's a dream
And I'll wake up
You'll disappear like steam
And I imagined your touch
But I blink my eyes
And you're still there
To my surprise
You really cared
Last night wasn't a fluke
This I still can't believe
I'm right beside you
And it's you I see
This must be paradise
I'm in a afterglow
As the sun begins to rise
Something I've never known
Thank you for accepting me
For taking me in
I thought this would never be
I don't know where to begin
I'm still stunned
That you didn't leave
I'm usually shunned
Like I'm a fat disease
But you didn't do that
I still don't know why
So shocked by the fact
That I began to cry
Not tears of pain
But tears of joy
You stopped the rain
Now  life I can enjoy
Wiping away the bad
In a miraculous night
My heart was iron clad
It melted and came to life
All because of your passion
And your touch and kiss
I never would have imagined
A beauty such as this
And now I'm beside you
You calm all my fears
I know your love is true
Thank you for being here.
©2014 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment