Tuesday, February 11, 2014

ONLY ONE

ONLY ONE

In a world that makes fun of my looks
And points and laughs at my weight
And calls me a geek for my love of books
And tells me my fantasies will never come true
That it's something that will never be
And tells me to be happy so I won't feel so blue
And tells me I'm not a real man for being me
A world where I always seem to finish last
I just can't seem to get ahead
And I get laughed at for being nice and my meaningful acts
And people tell me I should be an asshole instead
At least there's one who doesn't feel that way
One person who doesn't see me as a hopeless case
Someone who never has a hurtful thing to say
Who doesn't think that I'm just nothing but waste
Someone who brings me up instead of putting me down
Someone who sees more in me than I ever could
Someone who gives me some kind of hope
Because of her I believe in this world there's still good
She's the only one and there will be no one else
But it will never be, life can be hard and rough
I guess I have to accept I'll always be by myself
But at least there's one and that will be just enough
Just enough to give me a reason to live
Instead of giving up on everything
It's amazing how sad life can be and is
But she takes away some of that sting
Because she feels when no one else does
I'll still be alone but at least I can go on
And that's what makes my soul abuzz
There may be only one out there
When I thought there were none
Nothing will happen, life's unfair
But at least I know there's at least one.
©2014 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment