Sunday, February 16, 2014

BROKEN PIECES

BROKEN PIECES

My soul is shattered and broken shards lay on the floor
Never to be put together but thrown in the trash
Painful slivers shine in the light, done for evermore
Slipping from sight, hitting with a loud crash
Seven years bad luck or maybe a lifetime
I'm not sure, I've lost count
Like my chances of love, hope is far behind
Odds I'll never be able to surmount
Don't bother picking them up, you'll just hurt yourself
Like I have, my hands are bloody from tries
Leave them alone, it's too painful for anyone else
I'll just sit in this lonely corner and cry
I'll look at my broken soul, unable to pick it up
Watching it shimmer in the light, unable to be repaired
Trying not to concentrate on the pain that hurts so much
Wishing that life wasn't so cruel and unfair.
©2014 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment