Tuesday, February 11, 2014

I WISH I COULD TURN IT OFF

I WISH I COULD TURN IT OFF

I wish I could turn off thoughts of love
Knowing it will never happen to me
But this is mostly what I think of
To find someone who will set me free
I wish I could close my heart from the world
Knowing there will never be no one to give it to
There will be no true love or a special girl
That's life and there's nothing I can do
I wish I could turn off being so kind
In a world that seems to be so cruel
But it's a part of me, I couldn't stop it if I tried
I'll just end up being a lonely old fool
I wish I could turn it all off and become heartless
Because love is dead on this planet earth
Even though sappiness and love does hearken
No woman will ever see me for what I'm worth.
©2014 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment