Tuesday, February 11, 2014

HEARTBEAT

HEARTBEAT

I don't want endless amounts of money
I don't want to be a movie star or athlete
Some people may think it's funny
That's not an ideal life for me
Materials can only go so far
Before it comes to an end
The endless pursuit of it will leave you scarred
And unable to mend
Give me someone to live for
That gives me hope in life
Someone I would die for
As long as she would be alright
Someone who makes my heart beat stronger
And gives me strength
When I can't take it any longer
For her I would go to great lengths
One who will accept me despite my faults
No one is perfect in this world
Someone who has the key to unlock the vault
To my heart where my emotions swirl
I would trade everything I had for that feeling
Of a connection to a beautiful soul
A simple smile would send me reeling
The passion inside me would explode
I would give it all to grow along with her
To spend the good days and bad ones together
To grow old and look back on days that one were
With smiles knowing our promises stood forever
Nothing else matters in this world exept for that
No amount of money would come close to compare
To find that special soul mate before everything goes black
And my lungs could no longer take in air.
©2014 Darryl Mouzone​

No comments:

Post a Comment