Sunday, February 9, 2014

AS LIFE LEAVES ME (THE DEATH OF AUSORION)

AS LIFE LEAVES ME (THE DEATH OF AUSORION)

This is my time, I'm fading away
I can't complain, I lived a long life
I fought battles that went on for days
And spent many sleepless nights
I survived the fall of the Old Guard
I saw the Towers of Ice built
I feel accomplished, death won't be hard
I found you, my ever faithful wife
I still remember the day we first met
It was a winter's day, the wind was ice
You were sitting down as you silently wept
As cold as it was, your golden hair outshined the sun
And you looked to me, eyes full of tears
Right then I knew, you were the one
I would wipe then away and ease all your fears
Thank you so much for choosing me
You have made me a happy man
You opened my heart and made me see
The many beautiful things that exist in this land
I still remember our first kiss
It was under the moonlight and stars
When our lips touched, it was pure bliss
You freed my cold heart from its icy bars
I have done nothing to deserve you
A woman so graceful and bold
Who game me her heart and loved me true
When I was in battle I dreamed of you to hold
You are my queen, to you I bow
Don't cry my love, there's not much time left
Only think of the wonderful memories now
And not that I'm closing in on my last breath
Remember the laughs we shared
The nights of passion we had
The adventures we dared
Think of the good and not the bad
You gave birth to my beautiful offspring
Their names will be mighty, written in the skies
My son and daughter, untold glory they will bring
And raise Tamarosa from its quick demise
My one last wish is to look at your face
For you to kiss me one last time
Take me to a beautiful place
Before darkness forever fills my mind
I will love you always, even after my death
You were my warrior queen, so full of fire
And even as I take my last breath
Your kiss still fills me with passion and desire
Goodbye, my love, I die old and satisfied
Only because you I have found
As life leaves me and sight leaves my eyes
My love for you won't leave, it will always abound.
©2014 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment