Thursday, January 16, 2014

ALONE IN THE SHADOWS

ALONE IN THE SHADOWS

The sun shines on everyone except me
This eternal sadness is all I seem to see
I don't know why but I can't love myself
I'm like a lonely book on an empty shelf
I wish I could push these thoughts away
But like mold, it seems to grow and decay
I push and push but they keep coming back
Until the shadows come and shroud me in black
All the negative thoughts come like a tidal wave
Knocking me down when I tried to be brave
No one can help me, I'm all alone
Unable to cry or scream, I only moan
Feeling detached from the world which is so beautiful
I don't belong in it, I'm too ugly and pitiful

A worthless soul that no one will ever love
The shadow conquered me again, like it always does
I put on a fake smile but the sadness still reigns
Can't wait to get home so I can stop smiling again
And pour out my pain in written words
Until it becomes a sea of sorrow, regret and hurt
The shadows are here right along with me
In my misery they seem to laugh with glee
Wanting and waiting for something that will never come
I only want to feel and be loved by someone
To have that one chance to find another lonely soul
To grow with until the days we become old
But I'll grow old alone and this I know
The darkness in these shadows is all I'll ever hold
No more tears, I have ran out of them to cry
I have cried until my ducts have gone dry
I guess I must embrace these lonely shadows
But it hurts, like being shot through with an arrow
I must get used to the pain, I will have it for life
I'll never see the sun and my days will be as dark as night.
©2014 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment