Tuesday, January 14, 2014

DON'T LEAVE ME

DON'T LEAVE ME

As you lie here dying in our bed
All I can do is hold your hand and weep
You were true with every word you said
You have my love and it's yours  to keep
The kingdom is rejoicing over the birth of our child
Even now she cries for the love of her mother
I beg you not to leave, stay here for awhile
You are my only love, I'll never find another
Your pulse is getting weak, the tears fall faster
I bring your hand to my lips and give it a kiss
Please open your eyes, don't let death be the master
The kingdom will morn for years over a loss like this
And I will be broken and never be the same
The world will become a barren wasteland
Please don't leave me, I beg of you in name
Without you I'll just be a hollow shell of a man
The people love you, as do I
You changed this king and made his life better
Because of you the sun shines brighter in the sky
My world was always bright even during stormy weather
Please, my dear queen don't leave me now
Our daughter and kingdom need you so
Don't leave me my love, fight through it somehow
The sun will never shine the same again if you do go.
©2014 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment