Friday, January 3, 2014

THE WARRIOR WITHOUT A HEART (WINTER'S EDGE)

THE WARRIOR WITHOUT A HEART (WINTER'S EDGE)

The freezing rain pounds on his cloak
Soaking through and he's so soaked
He looked ahead and sees the frozen trees
Exhausted, he wants to fall to his knees
The cold embraces hum so he can forget
How his heart was ripped out without regret
He still thinks of her even though she doesn't care
Wishing she could still warm him in this cold air
But wishing is hopeless, that dream is gone
He will never love again from this point on
He can still remember those beautiful times
Those happy memories he replays in his mind
He could smile once, now he doesn't know
As he makes his way through ice and snow
He embraces the cold, he wants to feel numb
So he can escape the pain he has tried to run from
"Why, Nora, why did you do this to me?
You destroyed my heart, pain is all I can see! 
I loved you so much and was your first in command!
For loving you I have been banished from the land!
Now I have nothing, I'm just a broken soul!
Without you, I will never be whole!"
His words only bounce off the trees in an echo to no one
His words were only heard by him as he wishes for the sun
©2013 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment