Thursday, January 16, 2014

THE END (THE BATTLE IS LOST)

THE END (THE BATTLE IS LOST)

I tried to fight but in the end, I lost
The monster inside showed who was boss I give in to the craving, only eating more
Knowing the consequences that lie in store
I can't stop myself, I have tried and tried
Food is my comfort and I know the reason why
It never calls me ugly, never calls me worthless
It never breaks my heart, calms me when I'm nervous
It never lies to me and makes me feel good
The monster inside won, like I knew it would
My cure for loneliness in mountains of calories
It consumes me inside, bring me to my knees
But it's all I have, the only thing to live for
But it's killing me inside, closing life's door
I know what's happening but I can't stop
For the life of me, I just can't stop.......
©2014 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment