Friday, January 3, 2014

HURTING A FRIEND

HURTING A FRIEND

It's the last thing I wanted to do
But that's exactly what I did
I trampled your feelings and hurt you
To turn back time, what I wouldn't give
Anyone else can say whatever
I would never care
But I hurt you and I'm hurt forever
With my head down, at the floor I stare
I didn't think about your feelings, I take the blame
I should have thought before I spoke
But like an idiot, I spread the flames
That almost smothered our friendship in thick black smoke
For that, I am sorry, I can't say it enough
Forgive a fool who spoke before he thought
Forgive a fool who think of consequences
Forgive a fool who did do what he ought
Forgive a fool whose spirits has diminished
I have a lot to learn and I know this is true
I'm willing to make changes to make things right
I'm so sorry for doing something stupid to hurt you
I swear I'll try to be a better friend in life.
©2013 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment