Thursday, April 17, 2014

BECAUSE OF YOU

BECAUSE OF YOU


I miss you when I'm awake

I miss you in my dreams

The beautiful smile you make

It is paradise that I see

Your face is like the moon

Your eyes the twinkling of stars

Birthed from the universe's womb

So beautiful despite the scars

I wish for your simple kiss

I long for a warm embrace

Something simple like this

Would make the world a beautiful place

I would want to live again

When I look into your eyes

Hope has no end

I have finally found paradise

I want all of you, the good and the bad

I want the ups and downs

It doesn't matter if your mood is happy or sad

I'll always be around

It's only a pipe dream for you to be in my life

If it ever really did come true

You would melt my heart of ice

I would believe again and it would be because of you.

©2014 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment