Thursday, April 17, 2014

YOU'RE RIGHT

YOU'RE RIGHT

You're right, I'm a disappointment to you
You'll criticize me no matter what I do
I'm never good enough, I always make mistakes
For once in your life, can you give me a break?
You always point out the bad and never the good
You treat me as an outsider like I knew you would
Call me a loser for not having  a wife
Would it be better for you if I ended my life?
Say I'm useless for not having any kids
And you wonder why I don't travel to where you live?
You always break me down, make me feel like garbage
And always at the time when my life feels the hardest
I know, I know, I can't do anything right
Just leave me alone, I don't want to fight
Thanks for bringing me down to a low level again
Thanks for reminding me my sadness will ever end
Thanks for telling me I'll never have offspring
Or someone who'll love me, oh the sadness you bring!
Thanks for reminding me of the nothing that I am
I always knew that you never gave a damn
Thanks for reminding me that I'm such a screw up
You've made your point, haven't you had enough?
You're right, I'm nothing, is that what you wanted to hear?
I gave you want you wanted so don't come near
Goodbye all of those precious hopes and dreams
They wont come true anyway, this world is too mean
I'll always roam alone without anyone by my side
The endless sadness will forever be my bride.
©2014 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment