Thursday, April 17, 2014

WHAT I AM, WHAT I'LL NEVER BE

WHAT I AM, WHAT I'LL NEVER BE


I'll never be a happy kind of person

That's not how I was made

I'm not outgoing, so the plot worsens

I'm a  introvert who hides in a cave

I think of the glass as being half empty

Think about that before you use the words

That you can see yourself being with me

I walk through life in a sad, lonely blur

I think I'm ugly, no matter how many times I'm told

I'm not, but those are the thoughts in my head

Am I still someone you want to hold?

Or someone you wish to be far away from instead?

I can't be that person who's happy all the time

I can't be that person who likes to be in a crowd

I can't be that person who's always in the right frame of mind

I'm a quiet and shy person, not outgoing and loud

Can you truly accept me for the cracks in my soul?

For the imperfections that stain the person I am?

Can you see past those things and accept me as a whole?

Can you really accept me as a lonely broken man?

©2014 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment