Thursday, April 17, 2014

HER LAUGHTER

HER LAUGHTER

Her laughter cut me down
As she pointed at me
I felt like a stupid clown
And as worthless as could be
What was I thinking?
I knew she would say no
What was I drinking?
I still did it though
She did have a point
I was out of her league
My feelings broke at the joint
Look at me and look at her
A literal Beauty and the Beast
Tears making the world blur
As rejection dives in on its feast
“Me date you? Are you out of your mind?”
I guess I was, I’m such a fool
If I could go back a few minutes in time
Then things would still be cool
Her laughter cuts through me like a knife
As she thinks it’s a big joke
I guess rejection is a part of my life
I might as well give up on hope
I’ll always be lonely
Being a gentleman isn’t enough
If this wish would come true, if only
I wouldn’t think my life really sucks.
©2014 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment