Saturday, April 19, 2014

COULD IT BE?

COULD IT BE?


Could it be? Could my dreams have come true?

I'm lying in bed, looking at you

Your flowing hair, so beautiful and fine

Your wonderful face and beautiful eyes

Feeling you against me is such a wonderful thrill

The warmth of you sends away all the chills

You look at me and I know that this isn't a dream

I think the luckiest man in this world I see

Waking up with you, talking about anything

About our future and what it may bring

Getting up and taking a walk while holding hands

I don't think, now I know that I'm the luckiest man

You understand me more than I understand myself

You're the best I'll ever have, there will be no one else

Your smile and laugh gives me joy in life

You are the moon that shines through my night

I love your imperfections, they're beautiful to me

Even on your bad days, with you I want to be

I will care for you always, like a delicate flower

There is no just me, everything I have is ours

I look at your glow in the morning sunshine, simply amazed

A simple kiss from you can make me face the day

Thank you for choosing me, you have given me peace

You make me strong when I feel so weak

Thank you for doing everything that you do

Now I know that love in this world can be true

You have my heart, there's no need for me to wander

Everytime I look at you, my heart only becomes fonder

Thank you for saving me from the pit of despair

When no one else would and I was breathing dead air

You have given life to a once dying soul

You will have me always as we both grow old

And even then you be more beautiful than before

And even then I will love you so much more

So grateful that with you I have shared an entire life

My best friend, soul mate and beautiful wife

If I could do it all over again, I would still want to do it all with you

As I stare at your eyes, still beautiful and true

I hold your hand as you tenderly kiss me

In our old age, bonded for life, I'm as happy as can be

Back to the present, this is all that I see

If you were to choose me, it really could be.

©2014 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment