Thursday, April 17, 2014

I MUST BE CRAZY

I MUST BE CRAZY


I must be crazy not to have any kids

Or to have never been married

It must be the way I live

Or this burden of ugliness I carry

This isn't the life I wanted or chose

I really tried, but no one wanted me

The sting of loneliness hits like boxer blows

I'm a crazy man, plain for all to see

I didn't lie to women to get them in bed

Or gave them promises that I couldn't keep

I never played games to mess with their heads

Leaving them hurt, scarred and unable to stop the weep

I never juggled women around like theywere just objects for sex

Or treated them like they were second class

I just treated every woman I met with utmost respect

And never said crude remarks as one would walk pass

Maybe I am the crazy one for being a gentleman

Because clearly that's not wanted on this earth

It will leave you lonely and with sadness without end

And never having an opportunity to see a new you through the miracle of birth

Yes, I'm crazy because nobility is no more

And lust instead of love reigns supreme

Sometimes I wonder what my purpose on earth is for

When the world wants nothing to do with a crazy man like me.

©2014 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment