Thursday, April 17, 2014

EATING ALONE

EATING ALONE


In this restaurant I sit and look around

Others are eating, not saying a sound

They're alone too, absorbed in their food

This is a place for loners, where the food is good

I wish I was here with someone else

The reality is I'll always be by myself

Not by choice, because no one else will

Ever care for me, I wish my feelings were stilled

I wish I could turn off this longing inside

It will never happen for me, alone I will die

I'm better off alone, that's what people say

They don't have to live with my sadness every day

The one thing I want in life will never come true

Things will never change, there's nothing I can do

I'll just silently eat and ignore the feelings of pain

As I look put the window and it slowly rains.

©2014 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment