Wednesday, April 3, 2013

A WORLD LIKE THIS

A WORLD LIKE THIS

Not awake, need more sleep
Another start to a long week
There's something I need to do
I need Metal so I can make it through
Another day trapped in a nightmare
In a concrete jungle where people don't care
Here we go, another day in this madness
As mother earth weeps her eternal sadness
Mankind keeps on bleeding her dry
People are oblivious and I wonder why
A dark future is coming, everyone can see
But they keep wishing that it will never be
Positivity can't turn these problems away
Smile all you want, they'll still be here the next day
I'll finally smile when I see the world at peace
When hate and war begins to cease
Until then, don't expect me to be all cheery
When this entire world is dark and bleary
I'm not happy or sad, I merely exist
That's all that can be expected in a world like this.......
©2013 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment