Wednesday, April 3, 2013

DEFEATED

DEFEATED

On my knees, hurt sad and lonely inside
If this is life, then I would rather die
Another day of being such a failure
I don't know how much I can endure
Nothing goes right, I mess up at every turn
People keep telling me to always stand firm
I can't stand anymore, I'm alone in this universe
Is life truly a gift or is it just a huge curse?
I Ponder these things as I look at myself
It's just me now, there's nobody else
No one to love, no one who loves me
I'm trying not to drown in a sea of misery
Is it even worth it to wake up another day?
I try my best but still screw up in every way
The battle with life with lost and I'm defeated
I give up, with my will to live depleted
What can I do?  Where can I go?
Everything is just a big I don't know
The screaming wounds just won't go away
The cries of despair just won't go away.....
©2013 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment