Wednesday, April 3, 2013

HER SWEET EMBRACE OF AGONY

HER SWEET EMBRACE OF AGONY

In the darkness she stands, glorious
Calling to me like a beautiful dream
Never defeated in battle, always victorious
She looks so familiar, but I can't remember her name
The face of a goddess, her eyes are as endless as time
Her looks are so deadly, but soothing all the same
This can't be real, this is all happening in my mind
I want to turn away but I can't, it seems
She calls my name and I move close to her
She promises to take away my pain and fear
I see memories of happiness that once were
These streets are so empty, and no one can hear
She grabs me and my chest feels no more pain
I can't breathe, but the agony is so sweet
"Take my hand forever, there will be shelter from the rain"
I follow her into darkness but I'm not moving my feet
It's so dark now, I can't catch my breath
Now I know who she is, I'm in her embrace and it's too late
That name I couldn't remember, her name is death
I'm safe here now, the endless darkness is my fate.
©2013 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment