Tuesday, April 2, 2013

DREAMS OF BASEBALL?

DREAMS OF BASEBALL?

Sitting, watching a game and having fun
Enjoying baseball in the summer sun
Then a woman next to me grabs my hand
To see if I'm married, I don't quite understand
"Hey you're not married so hello there!"
She was older but had beautiful blonde hair
Here comes my nephew, what did he do now?
He got thrown out of the game, but I wonder how?
What an idiot he threw something on the field
I had to look at him and say: "Are you for real?!"
The game goes on and the skies grow dark
But soon the game ends, now it's time to leave the park
Everyone gets in a car as it starts to rain
But I started to run and it's hard to explain
I ran so fast, as fast as the wind
I kept passing cars as the rain blended in
But then I woke up and realized it was a dream
I still keep wondering what this all means.
©2013 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment