Monday, April 1, 2013

THE CRIMSON GODDESS

THE CRIMSON GODDESS

She walks in the office, the whole world stops
Her red hair of fire a wonder to my eyes
A woman with a soul that forever burns hot
And she knows my name to my surprise
I stay quiet, focused on doing my work
But she's so beautiful I can't look away
And even though my boss can be a jerk
Even he can't get on my nerves this eventful day
I daydream once again and she's there with me
As we fight against evil in a fantasy land
I know in the real world this would never be
Because she's a Goddess and I'm a mortal man
I hope this day drags on like they usually do
That just means the longer I stay with this angel of light
I'll actually be sad when the work day is through
Because we'll part and say goodnight.
©2013 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment