Monday, April 1, 2013

VALKYRIE'S CALL

VALKYRIE'S CALL

I have been cut down and the wound is deep
I'm so cold and tired, I want to sleep
It's getting dark as I gasp for breath
I'm not afraid as I face my death
I hear the Valkyrie's call

A beautiful woman approaches me
But it seems like no one else can see
She lifts me up and we soar into the sky
I'm headed to Valhalla way up high
I hear the Valkyrie's call

She leads me to the golden hall
I see my brothers, one and all
We drink and laugh about the good times
The world of Midgard seems far behind
I heard the Valkyrie's call

I made it here, now I'm home
My fighting skills and sword I'll hone
Riding on Sleipnir, Odin comes in
And watches us all until Ragnarök begins
Because I heard the Valkyrie's call.
©2013 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment