Monday, May 20, 2013

I CAN'T THINK OF A POEM

I CAN'T THINK OF A POEM

I don't know, something's wrong today
I'm staring at a page and have nothing to say
Should I write about Vikings, write about science?
Or should I write of wars and endless violence?
I just don't know, my mind seems to be blocked
Wait, maybe I'll write a poem about socks!
Never mind that, I'm just fresh out of words
This just shouldn't happen, this is so absurd!
My mind is thinking but I have no answer
Maybe I'll write a poem about clown dancers?
Oh well, just forget it, I just won't write at all
Besides, I think my boss is giving me a call
Well what do you know, I guess I should have known
While thinking of ideas, I just wrote a poem
A poem about nothing but a poem nonetheless
At least it's something and now my mind can rest
©2013 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment